Monday, December 28, 2009

Book Review: Diana Mini's Shoot Forever

Surprise YA-unrelated review!

I was having second thoughts while building this review. Mainly because this doesn't concern any Young Adult literature, which is the essential aim of Parasol Reviews. But then, I decided that I needed more blog content as well as practice in doing reviews. For today, I'll be reviewing a small gift book included in a single package of a Diana Mini. If you would like to have more information regarding Lomography, please check this out. On the other hand, if you would like to learn more about the Diana Mini, go here. To purchase, stumble here.

Now, I've seen tons of gift and Lomography books before. (Y'know, the books that are just meant for pure entertainment and other awesome stuff?) But Shoot Forever exceeds my expectations. The book has such an eccentrically cute design. The book extends, is cut to a side and is flapped open the opposite side, which means that there are two parts of the book. I truly enjoyed the cover with the young boy taking a good roll at the meadows. It truly exemplifies the Diana spirit (mini-sized!) right there at your fingertips.

The book is predominantly inhibited by photos, different pictures of lifestyles and casual living. There are different tips for enhancing the user's Diana experience with user-submitted content. On the other side, there are separated sections with Diana Mini Missions. (What are they? Go check 'em out yourself!) My favorite part of the book has got to be the centerfold. When you pull on both ends of the book, an amazing collage of compiled pictures taken from the Diana Mini are assembled right on the page. So far, I can say that this book is truly a collector's item. It is also a hundred percent colored, just so you know. ;)

Below is a picture of the Diana Mini itself. (Word of Note: The flash came from my Mr. Pink Diana. ;) It is not included in the Diana Mini package.) Woops! Looks like Mr. Mini is exposing some of my future book reviews. (Bad, Mr. Mini!)

No comments: